MEDIHONEY - Antibacterial Wound Gel
Honey - Nature's wound dressing
MEDIHONEY® ANTIBACTERIAL WOUND GEL™ is
a topical preparation which contains 80% Antibacterial
Leptospermum (Manuka) Honey™ and 20% natural gelling
agents for a more viscous formulation and increased stability
allowing the product to remain at the site of the wound -
even in the presence of wound fluid and body heat - for an
extended time. It can be used for both chronic and acute
wound care. It is proven to be clinically effective for:
- Creating an antibacterial environment that is effective against a broad spectrum of bacteria including antibiotic resistant organisms
- Fast, effective autolytic debridement on sloughy and necrotic tissue in an antibacterial environment
- Rapidly removing malodour
- Providing a moist wound healing environment thus reducing trauma and pain at dressing change
Medihoney has been shown to be effective against so called "super bugs", MRSA and VRE.
INDICATIONS FOR USE
- Leg/foot ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Infected wounds
- Necrotic / Sloughy wounds
- Malodorous wounds
- Surgical wounds
- Donor and recipient graft sites
- Superficial wounds such as cuts, scratches, abrasions
- Superficial burns
- General first aid
Do not use on individuals who have had an allergic reaction to honey.
MEDIHONEY® ANTIBACTERIAL HONEY
MEDIHONEY® wound care and skin care products contain medical grade Antibacterial Honey. Advanced biomedical research has identified specific plants that produce honey with exceptional antibacterial activity. The antibacterial activity of honey differs according to the plant species and may vary enormously within any one species. MEDIHONEY® Antibacterial Honey™ is a standardised antibacterial honey, predominantly Leptospermum sp. selected for its broad range of antibacterial actions.
In 2007, the journal Wounds featured an article that evaluated the in vitro activity of MEDIHONEY® Antibacterial Honey™ against a challenge set of 127 clinical isolates with multiple antibiotic resistance. The study showed that the MEDIHONEY® Antibacterial Honey™ was effective at effective at inhibiting these bacteria irrespective of their level of antibiotic resistance.
Shipping and Pickup Options:
1. Pickup order at Main Street Honey Shoppe
- 4125 Main Street, Vancouver, BC
2. Shipping within CANADA via Canada Post
- Rates are calculated based on the weight of the order and destination at checkout
- Shipping services available: Expedited Parcel, Priority, Xpresspost
Orders or normally shipped within 3 business days.
Returns & Refunds
We work to assure that every order from Main Street Honey Shoppe meets or exceeds your expectations. If you are not completely satisfied with your order, please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com or call 604-879-6052.
If your product is damaged in shipping please make a claim within 7 days of receipt of your order. Learn more about our Returns & Refunds Policy.