Fresh from the Honey Farm
Buckwheat honey is made from the nectar gathered from buckwheat flowers. The honey is dark in colour with a strong full-bodied malt-like molasses taste and pungent aroma. Buckwheat honey is known for its high antioxidant content.
Pure and Unpasteurized. Honey is fat free, cholesterol free and is a good source of anti-oxidants for the maintenance of good health.
Suggested Food Pairings:
- Strong cheeses
- Game meats/sauces
- Sweetener for strong savoury foods (carmelized onions, mushrooms)
- Complements the rich flavour of strong quality coffee
Great replacement for molasses in your favourite recipe. Ours is buckwheat honey spice cookies!
Farmed by beekeeper friends from Manitoba, Canada.
Buckwheat Honey for Coughs
A study conducted at Penn State in 2007 compared Buckwheat honey, honey flavoured Dextromethorphan (DM) and no treatment (control) as a cough suppressant. The results concluded that Buckwheat honey scored highest in all categories for the relief of nocturnal cough and sleep difficulty due to upper respiratory tract infection in children ages 2 to 18.
“Buckwheat honey was found to be superior to Dextromethorphan as a cough suppressant”
Shipping and Pickup Options:
1. Pickup order at either Main Street Honey Shoppe location
- 4125 Main Street, Vancouver, BC
- "The Shipyards" 180 - 125 Victory Ship Way, North Vancouver, BC
2. Shipping within CANADA via Canada Post
- Rates are calculated based on the weight of the order and destination at checkout
- Shipping services available: Expedited Parcel, Priority, Xpresspost
Orders or normally shipped within 3 business days.
Returns & Refunds
We work to assure that every order from Main Street Honey Shoppe meets or exceeds your expectations. If you are not completely satisfied with your order, please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com or call 604-879-6052.
If your product is damaged in shipping please make a claim within 7 days of receipt of your order. Learn more about our Returns & Refunds Policy.